Saturday, February 17, 2007

It is called the stone of help ministries

On one sunday I was invited to attend a worship service in a suburb of seattle washington, known as tukwila, as a writer and vendor for the newspaper real change, I was naturally curiious, so I rode along. to get a feel of what it would be like to find out how this church helps its homeless community. well I begin to make a couple of more trips to this church and found out that they were looking to atart a newsletter for their church. I was recruited to do stories and to my surprise one thing led to another. the ebenezer chuirch of god in christ has an extension known as the stone of help ministries that services the homeless. as a writer for real change I was quite thrilled when I was asked to be one of their writers. although this church has no experienced writers per say, I am happy that I was invited to work on this newsletter for the stone of help ministries. I am not just a writer and journalist but I am also a businessman. and with my business experience I can help stone of help ministries to improve their image. alot of the members are not sure how to make their nonprofit stand out. it is quite easy. business cards and address labels are a start. the Idea is to draw traffic to you. and with these two things you will not fail. but as I continue to work with the members at 14275 Interurban Ave South in tukwila, Washington I have found some comfort and satisfaction in helping them succeed in what they are trying to do. from a business prospective I can make things happen. and a writer's view I can make the public see what is needed to bring in new members.

No comments: